Publish Date: 2018-08-29
Valloc has a primary goal to provide you, the user, with tools to more speedily and enjoyably browse the web. Less clutter, more efficiency. Your privacy is respected and of top concern. Please review below to learn specifics.
Each user has an account, which can have multiple pages. Every page can contain a number of links; some of which can be personal regarding how or what, a person links to. To allow for privacy for page content, Valloc provides a simple mechanism to elect a page as either public or private. The differences are as follows:
1. Public pages are accessible to anyone, not signed in and visible to the public. This is often preferred if a user wishes to share his/her page with family for fellow co-workers or students. This means the page is publicly reachable via the username and page combination in the browser's URL bar, for anyone to visit if they can assemble the URL path.
2. Private pages are only accessible if the user is securely logged in under that page's owner, or username. If a page is private, it is securely transmitted over SSL, which is an encrypted channel. You can simply set your page to be private by going to the Page Designer for that page and select the Private radio button then save.
1. vsk: This is a 'Remember me' cookie that allows a user to establish a secure, logged-in session with the server after previously closing the browser and revisiting, without having to re-login. The cookie is established after a user has logged-in for either the first time or after having last deleted cookies. The intent is to provide secure method to quickly revisit a protected page. Without this, or if you block cookies, then the user will need to sign-in after re-opening the browser before visiting a secured page. If blocked, this will be an inconvenience.
2. JSESSIONID: This cookie is used to track active user data while active on the server, primarily for caching purposes in serving pages efficiently. It expires when the browser closes. If this cookie is blocked or removed, it will redirect the user to the login page with every click to a protected page. This is more a necessity, but the site will permit limited usage if the cookie is removed. If blocked, this too will be an inconvenience.
1. Email addresses are used to get in-touch with users or send the occasional marketing promotion. They are not sold or provided to third parties.
2. We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
3. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
4. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
5. Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
6. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
7. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
If you have any questions, please post your questions through the Feedback page.
We sincerely value you, our users, in enjoying Valloc and therefore greatly respect your privacy.