Policy Version: 2.0
Publish Date: 20130921
Valloc has a primary goal to provide you, the user, with tools to more speedily and enjoyably browse the web.Less clutter, more efficiency.In its initial release – this is our primary goal.Looking to the future, there may potentially be incentive to users for something such as rewards points.Of utmost importance – your privacy is respected and of top concern.Please review below to learn specifics.
Each user has an account, which can have multiple pages.Every page can contain a number of links; some of which can be personal regarding how or what, a person links to.To allow for privacy for page content, Valloc provides a simple mechanism to elect a page as either public or private.The differences are as follows:
1. Public pages are accessible to anyone, not signed in and visible to the public.This is often preferred if a user wishes to share his/her page with family for fellow co-workers or students.This means the page is publicly reachable via the username and page combination in the browser's URL bar, for anyone to visit if they can assemble the URL path.
2. Private pages are only accessible if the user is securely logged in under that page's owner, or username.If a page is private, it is securely transmitted over SSL, which is an encrypted channel.You can simply set your page to be private by going to the Page Designer for that page and select the “Private” radio button then save.
1. vsk: This is a “remember me” cookie that allows a user to establish a secure, logged-in session with the server after previously closing the browser and revisiting, without having to re-login.The cookie is established after a user has logged-in for either the first time or after having last deleted cookies.The intent is to provide secure method to quickly revisit a protected page.Without this, or if you block cookies, then the user will need to sign-in after re-opening the browser before visiting a secured page.If blocked, this will be an inconvenience.
2. JSESSIONID: This cookie is used to track active user data while active on the server, primarily for caching purposes in serving pages efficiently.It expires when the browser closes.If this cookie is blocked or removed, it will redirect the user to the login page with every click to a protected page.This is more a necessity but the site will permit limited usage if the cookie is removed.If blocked, this too will be an inconvenience.
Again – both cookies are only passed over a secured encrypted channel.And both cookies do not store or pass user data.
Click tracking is common in websites to basically provide users with a customized experience and targeted ads. There is potential in a future release of Valloc, it will use tracking to provide rewards to end users or incentive to businesses when a user clicks a link to a website that originates from Valloc.Looking to the future, user clicks are now currently being tracked.When a user clicks a link on a link page, the link, timestamp and user ID are stored. It is imperative to note that demographic information communicated to 3rd party businesses would NEVER include anything personal, but rather ANONYMOUS.This information would strictly be tallies of generalized user information such as age and click times of day.Valloc fully respects the user's privacy.
1. Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
2. We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
3. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
4. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
5. Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
6. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
7. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
If you have any questions, please post your questions through the Feedback page.
We sincerely value you, our users, in enjoying Valloc and therefore greatly respect your privacy.